Saturday 12 October 2013

L'Autre Pied

True star 


It's just over half a year since my first visit, I was back again to this single Michelin starred restaurant in Marylebone, part of restaurateur David Moore's empire (The other being Pie a Terre, with Pied Nu also opening soon on the same street as L'Autre Pied) . From my last visit, I found out that head chef Andy Mc Fadden's innovative cooking style involves crunchy elements and I really enjoyed it. Out of all the restaurants I've been to lately I've yet to find anything similar so in order to experience his creative cooking once again I returned for a weekend lunch.
bread
frozen gazpacho with ghoat cheese and aubergine


I went for the special five course tasting menu this time around, and I can not fault any of the dishes. The salad radishes with black quinoa was one of the freshest salad dishes I've had this year, it was blessed with natural sweetness with the herbal creamy but light after taste releasing from the creme fraiche and the fennel. The poached mackerel was as top notch, sweet and full of rich meaty flavours and really balanced off with the softness of the broccoli and cauliflower. Roe deer had a lovely gin aroma, it was tender and moist with all the supporting ingredients working wonderfully together. 
salad of radishes with black quinoa,
creme fraiche, fennel and dill
baked beetroot with blackberries, balsamic, herbs and
 grated belper knolle
poached mackerel with grilled leek, broccoli,
cauliflower and romanesco
roe deer cooked in cocoa and juniper, carrots,
agen prunes and peanut crumble
apple custard with fromage black sorbet. honeycomb and pistachio
ginger mousse with black figs and mascarpone
petit four

Overall I enjoyed my meal a lot, in fact I felt the cooking was a touch better than my previous visit. I am now officially a big fan of Andy's signature cooking style, it is refreshing and has a wonderful textured combination. The informal but stylish setting is also a big plus for the place, ideal for a weekend lunch or a causal dinner. L'Autre Pied is well worth a visit if you are seeking modern innovative European cuisine in a relaxing setting.

Food 4/5

Head chef: 
Andy Mcfadden

What I paid: 
£53 per head with a glass of wine and tea

Average cost without drinks and services :
£27.50 lunch menu
£75 tasting menu



5-7 Blandford St, London, W1U 3DB


www.lautrepied.co.uk


L'Autre Pied on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment