Sunday 30 July 2017

Klaw

Shellfish heaven



Irish oysters

I have got nothing but love for seafood, so when I was planning my trip to Dublin, Klaw,  really stood out as one of the must try places for me. Located right in the heart of Temple Bar. Klaw is a tiny shellfish bar offering freshly prepared seafood in a very informal, casual space. It has an open kitchen with no more than 15 seating, the decor is very "hipster" and modern. Klaw claim that they have one of the largest selection of oysters and this is music to my ears. I can just imagine myself sipping a pint of Guinness and losing up with a mountain of shellfishes. 


Fish tacos
Spicy prawn gambas

You can not skip oyster when you visit Ireland, the Galway oyster is a must try, fat and juicy with a fresh sea aroma to match. I can happily eat another 20 of those. Grilled lobster was served with a touch of drama element, it finished off with some burning hot garlic oil, which really enhanced the sweetness of the lobster. To my surprise, Klaw delivered the best taco I have ever tasted, the fish was cooked to the perfect temperature, as was the seasoning and balance of the garnishes. Last but not least was the crab claws, cooked in a pot with herbs and the intense flavour of the chilli worked like a harmony together.
Lobster roll
Crab claws pot
Grilled lobster

Klaw was just the kind of place I absolutely loved, you could drop in for a quick bite or spend a long evening and cut lose with all the wonderful seafood. The service here was also smashing, on my visit, our chef, who was also our waiter, was on top of his game, really took the time to explain everything on the menu and was so friendly and charming at the same time. If I ever visit Dublin again, without question I will return to Klaw. For those who are interested in paying a visit, just be aware as it is a tiny bar, it is best to come in pair or in a small group.


Food 4/5

What I paid: 

£30 per head

Average cost without drinks and services:

£25

5A Crown Alley, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Ireland


http://klaw.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment