Sunday 11 December 2022

Park Chinois

Top-level Chinese fine dining

Duck de chine


If you ask me to suggest a top-level Chinese restaurant in London when money is not an issue, Park Chinois will always be my answer. There is a reason why this is the most visited Chinese restaurant in London for me, the cooking, while it does has a touch of creativity, stays true to Cantonese cooking heritage and style, turning out perhaps the finest Chinese cuisine you can find in the whole of Europe. For my 20th visit, I went for some house classics from its a la carte menu, as these are classics for a reason...


Steamed seabass roll

Bluefin tuna rolls

Stir fry squid with sesame


The house special duck dish: 'Duck de Chine' was as good as ever. The skin was crispy and loaded with a really rich and sweet-savory taste. Unlike many other Peking duck dishes elsewhere in London, the meat remained really moist with a lovely hint of five spices flavours. Another classic of Park Chinois is the steamed king crab legs in aged Chinese rice wine. The crab legs were cooked perfectly with such an inviting seafood aroma, with the addition of egg white, offered a smooth creamy texture, it worked so well with the rice noodles under the crab legs. This is my no1 dish from the restaurant easily.

Baked truffle rice

Steamed crab legs with rice wine

Langoustine and shrimps rice noodles


I found Park Chinois cooking was still as good as ever, with really top-level cooking execution, using some of the finest ingredients from around the world. The bold and intense taste is especially great for winter when the rich luxurious taste is just what I need. I discovered this place back in 2018, and 5 years later, after 20 visits, I still find this place extremely enjoyable and I will continue to visit come 2023.


Food 4.5/5

What I paid: 
£170 with wine

Average cost without drinks and services:

£90 (dinner)

17 Berkeley St, Mayfair, London W1J 8EA


https://parkchinois.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment