Saturday 14 October 2023

Park Chinois

Mayfair classy dim sum lunch


Truffle and mushrooms rice rolls


Park Chinois is easily my no 1 choice for classy innovative Chinese cuisine. It is also my most visited restaurant in the UK (if you exclude fast food places). I never had a bad meal at Park Chinois as the team of skilled chefs knew how to deliver the true essence of Chinese cuisine in a refined manner. For Cantonese-style dim sum, they are easily the best in London. For my 25th visit, I went full-on dim sum mode and ordered a large selection to share among friends and family.


Lobster and chicken shu mai

Iberico pork puff

Truffle bao

Scallop and dried shrimp rice rolls


The lobster shu mai had a real chewy lobster texture which I adored, the hint of sweetness of the shellfish combined nicely with the salty sea taste of the caviar topping. I had the truffle and mushrooms rice roll many times here; this time, it was as good as I recalled. The crispy tofu sheet wrapped around a mushroom filling, and the shaving of black truffle on top offered such an inviting earthy aroma.  New on the menu is a crispy seabass cooked in enoki mushrooms and crab sauce. The seabass was really moist and the richness of the crab sauce created such a bold umami taste, worked perfectly with the seabass.

Stir fry langoustine with sea urchin sauce

Seabass braised in mushrooms and crab sauce

Wagyu beef xo fried rice

Taro and mushrooms pot rice


As expected, Park Chinois delivered yet another excellent lunch feast. The dim sum was such a real treat and you won't be able to find anything much better in Hong Kong either, the chefs here really know how to leverage premium prime ingredients and create something exceptional. Given I have been so many times I have pretty much eaten my way through the whole menu but that is not an issue, as why would I not want to return to something that is excellent.


Food 4.5/5



Average cost without drinks and services:

£75 (lunch)

17 Berkeley St, Mayfair, London W1J 8EA


https://parkchinois.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment