Friday 24 March 2023

Noble Palace

Chinese classics with a twist


Chilian seabass in a sweet soy glaze

Despite only launching in the summer of 2022, I can't believe I have already been to Noble Palace 10 times. What can I say, I really enjoy the low-key and relaxing yet classy setting of the venue, and its Cantonese food offering is endless, which enables me to make any special requests. For those who like to stick to traditional items, Noble Palace also does it really well, and it's hard to go wrong, but not easy to make it exceptional at the same time. Therefore, for my 10th and 11th visits, I went for the house's classics, with a few new specials.


Dim sum platter
Braised mushrooms and tofu
Iberico bbq pork char siu

The house Peking duck got a new twist as it was served with fire which came from a thin layer of orange liquor glaze. The skin was super crispy, and the use of black truffle pancake was a nice touch as it added a nice hint of umami aroma. The duck was really moist and the duck sauce was blended to perfection. The double-cooked Chilean seabass was super creamy and smooth in texture, I really loved the sweet soy glaze which uplifted the freshness of the fish. The poached lobster in chicken soup is an instant upgrade of the classic lobster cooked in stock. The soup used French old aged chicken with parma ham then slow-cooked for 8 hours, which enhanced the umami and fresh taste of the lobster to another level.

Peking duck

Duck in black truffle pancake

Scottish lobster with udon

Over my recent 2 visits, it was good to reengage some classic dishes, all done really well, and with just a few small modern touches, Noble Palace turn those dishes into something truly memorable. Given it is a low-key venue with not many diners at a time, I found that the kitchen is able to really gives plenty of focus to every single dish to ensure the refinement level is at a high standard. I am sure I will be back again sometime very soon. 


Food 4/5


Average cost without drinks and services:
£100


Caxton St, London SW1H 0PY

http://www.noblepalace.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment