Monday 10 April 2023

Asador Lechazo Aranda

The peak of Asador?


Wood fire oven for meat roasting


I am a mega fan of traditional roasted Spanish-style suckling pig and lamb. The magic of the burning wood inside a clay oven somehow turns meat into something truly exceptional, providing the seasoning and preparation were done well in advance. Asador Lechazo Aranda in Santander is all about the traditional roast and grilled meat using open fire. The restaurant pride itself on using top-grade milk-fed lamb and suckling pig from the local region, which itself highly depends on livestock and farming, so I was in for something special.


Tuna salad

Roasted milk fed lamb

The roasted suckling pig as expected had a really lovely crispy skin and was well seasoned, the meat was tender and had a good depth of mild spices flavour all over it, it worked in harmony when I paired it with the side of fresh onions and greens salad. The lamb was perhaps even better, the meat was so moist, the ratio of fat and lean meat was perfect, and every mouthful delivered a pool of comforting lamb juice in my mouth, it was lamb at its best. I cannot believe to say that, but the Spanish have beaten the British's Sunday roast game. And I would pick Spanish-style roasted lamb over British Sunday roast lamb any day.


Roasted suckling pig

French toast

It is mental that despite the roasted pig/lamb origin coming from Segovia in the center of Spain, Asador Lechazo Aranda does it better than any other places I have been to from Madrid, Ronda to Segoiva. If I ever return to Santander, Asador Lechazo Aranda is my first on the list to revisit, as I just enjoyed it so much. The food was amazing value for money, the service was outstanding, and the traditional decor was so charming. This place ticks all the boxes for me.


Food 4/5

Average cost without drinks and services:
£50 (dinner)


C. Tetuán, 15, 39004 Santander, Cantabria, Spain

https://asadorlechazoaranda.wixsite.com/asadorlechazoaranda

No comments:

Post a Comment