Sunday 23 April 2023

The Ledbury

 Back where it belongs


Canapes


In the 2023 edition of the Michelin guide, Ledbury regained its 2 stars after losing it when the restaurant was closed over the Covid period. I got to say it was well deserved, as from dining there 5 times there within 2022, I have not had one single bad dish and each visit was exceptional. I booked my recent visit (my 21st overall) back in February and I was pretty sure by the time I step into the restaurant (April), it will have regained its 2 stars. I got that right. What I didn't get right is that it didn't increase the price right away so I was really glad!


Crab, ginger, kohlrabi, fennel

 Mackerel, blood orange, ginger and capers

Egg, truffle, celeriac

Seabass, cavier, Iberico ham, aspergus


My first visit this year and I can see some changes and for the better. Truffle and Egg have been a classic since the early days of The Ledbury, and the latest version was a stunner. The celeriac had a lovely soft sweet crunch to it, the egg was cooked to perfection, and the truffle delivered a nice earthy aroma that rounded off the dish beautifully. Game offering has always been a strong 'game' at here too and this time was no different. This time is a deer fillet served with a killer bone marrow sauce, it was so powerful in deep gamy umami taste, and the meat was seasoned to perfection.

Suckling pig jowl, carrot and chicory

Deer, pumpkin, white asparagus, bone marrow 

Seaweed and rhubarb Mille Feuille

Chocolate and truffle ice cream


Ledbury delivered another pure-class meal and is still the best for me in London in the world of Western fine dining. This place has everything, from exceptional food, and a world-class front-of-house team to the informal and relaxing casual dining space. All of these contributed to my returning year after year, and I for sure will revisit the restaurant again in the near future.


Food 5/5

Executive chef: 

Brett Graham


Average cost without drinks and services:

Tasting menu: £195


27 Ledbury Rd, London W11 2AQ


http://www.theledbury.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment