Sunday 29 July 2018

The Ledbury

Still the best


Warm Bantam’s Egg, Celeriac, Arbois and Dried Ham

Do I really need to say much about The Ledbury? the double Michelin starred restaurant is my all time personal flavorite London restaurant. The highly regarded fine dining restaurant in Notting Hill has pretty much won every single restaurant awards that are available in the UK, exquisite food with world-class service is what The Ledbury is all about. Chef-owner Brett Graham has developed his restaurant into a gastronomy temple, a place for serious food lovers. It is one of those restaurants I would just keep returning as a meal at The Ledbury guarantee you a top-notch dining experience. 

Canapes
Baked oyster
Datterino Tomatoes, Crab, Sorbet and Shiso
Veal tartare, artichoke
with parmasan and beef fat toast
Fresh almonds, green beans, peach, chicken liver

For my 9th visit, I opted for the tasting menu as usual. After a strong selection of amuse bouches, the first course started off with a tomatoes dish, the sweetness of Crab matched so well with the fruity profile of the tomatoes. Light and refreshing, a perfect summer dish. The Egg course was beautiful to look at and tasted even better, the soft crunchiness of the celeriac and the mild earthiness coming from the mushroom was breakfast at its finest form, I wish I can wake up to a breakfast like that every day. The tasting menu was taken to the next level with the final savory course, a piece of aged duck that was out of the world. The seasoning was perfect, tender and moist with bags of rich and elegant flavours, it was easily the best duck dish I have ever experienced in the UK.


Cornish cod, honey, kohlrabi
Hen of the Woods...
with Potato Emulsion and Rosemary
Aged duck, sweetcorn, girolles, lemon thyme
Poached apricot, chamomile
Dark chocolate chantilly, cheeries, stout ice cream

Once again, The Ledbury delivered a sensational meal as expected. Usually, the risk of going for the tasting menu is that you might not enjoy some of the courses, but not at The Ledbury. Everything was simply stunning and it is the best meal of 2018 for me so far in the UK, and I strongly doubt that it will be beaten. I was also a massive fan of the service, the waiters had the perfect balance of professionalism but remaining really casual at the same time, this is what I would consider state of the art service. I got nothing but love for The Ledbury and I will return very soon for my 10th visit.


Food 5/5

Executive chef: 

Brett Graham


Average cost without drinks and services:

Lunch menu: £80
Tasting menu: £150


27 Ledbury Rd, London W11 2AQ


http://www.theledbury.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment