Monday 15 October 2018

Noize

Cozy modern French dining 


Baked Alaska, Blackberry


After a few good years dining out countless time in London, I am slowly starting to managed to resist the new opening temptation all the time. I noticed there are just as many restaurants shutting down vs new restaurant openings, which give me a good reason to not to jump and visit whenever there is a new hip launch and give it some time to let the media try and test for me first before deciding if it is worth going for myself. So here is Noize, a restaurant has been around for 1 year now and gained solid rating from major media across the nation. With both the owner and chef got the experience at Pied a Terre, it was easy for me to add it in my to try list.



Lamb Belly, Miso Glaze and Chicken Wings, Bourbon
Smoked Eel, Green Grape, Walnut, Celery
Fresh Crab, Bisque, Lardo, Aplle

For my starter, the fresh crab with bisque and lardo was of top quality, the taste of the bisque was lovely and the freshness of the seafood was very comforting. The wild Mushrooms tagliatelle was really solid, the pasta was very fresh and smooth. I really enjoyed the earthy and nutty aroma from the mushrooms, cheese, and truffles, a top-grade pasta dish for me. The Merrifield farm duck was very tender and cooked medium as it should be, I was also a fan of the turnip which delivered a lovely texture, but the quince was too strong for me, the sweetness was pretty heavy and really dominated everything else on the dish, it was a touch off balanced.

Wild Mushrooms Tagliatelle, Belper Knolle
Merrifield Farm Duck, Quince, Turnip, Pain D’Epice
Chocolate Cremeux, Stout, Caramel

All in all, Noize delivered a pretty solid meal but far from Michelin fine dining level. The general quality of the ingredients and the cooking was high but lacked the wow factor or the exceptional taste. However, I did enjoy the decor and the setting of the restaurant, very informal, cozy with a touch of French charm which made the meal very enjoyable. The service was very friendly and all the food was delivered at a pretty steady pace, for anyone wanting a comforting French dining experience in the Bloomsbury area, Noize is not a bad shout at all. 


Food 3/5

What I paid: 

£82 per head with wine

Average cost without drinks and services:

£50

39 Whitfield St, Bloomsbury, London W1T 2SF

https://www.noize-restaurant.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment