Tuesday 14 December 2021

Park Chinois

 Exquisite fine Chinese cuisine


Suckling pig stuffed in glutenous rice


To round off 2021 with a special celebrated Chinese meal, it was an easy decision for me to go for Park Chinois. The Mayfair upmarket restaurant and club is my all-time no1 pick for fine dining Chinese in the capital. The chef team searches for top ingredients from around the world and uses classical Chinese cooking techniques to get the very best out of the ingredients in bold Chinese flavours. I got to admit I am a fanboy since I first encountered this place around 4 years ago, and fast forward to the end of 2021, my latest winter visit would be my 15th time dining at the restaurant. 


Oriental salad
Steamed king crabs in rice wine

Truffle and aubergine 3 ways

The special of the day was the Chinese suckling pig that has been deboned and stuffed with glutinous rice before roasting it whole, an old-school Cantonese dish that requires long labor hours, in the hand of an experienced chef. A really rare traditional dish even back in Hong Kong as it is a dying art. The rice absorbed all the meaty flavour from the pig and the cracking was crispy with a smooth shiny surface, with a thin tender layer of meat just under the skin. It was a dish perfect for a cold winter evening. Another really wonderful dish was the stir fry Dover sole in seasoned soy, it had a lovely firm texture with a nice hint of the wok and honey aroma, almost like a teriyaki taste.

Langoustine and chives in seafood stock

Soy glazed Dover sole

Dessert selections

My latest visit to Park Chinois delivered another exquisite meal, the cooking as expected was done in a really refined manner, full of rich and bold taste. The restaurant also showcased they are not afraid to work on traditional labor-intensive dishes, proving the team is full of very skilled chefs that have great knowledge in traditional Chinese fine-dining cooking. I can't really recall any dishes that I don't enjoy at Park Chinois, and unlikely I will encounter any in the future as I have been there so many times already!


Food 4.5/5

What I paid: 
£120

Average cost without drinks and services:

£80

17 Berkeley St, Mayfair, London W1J 8EA


https://parkchinois.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment