Monday 2 May 2022

The Glasshouse Kew

The ideal neighborhood restaurant


Veal, tuna, capers and asparagus

When I used to work at Hammersmith, the classy neighborhood restaurant La Trompette is perhaps the finest restaurant in the area. Since I moved to East London, heading west is not really high on my agenda, but that changed when I decided to take a day out to visit Kew Garden, heading back to La Trompette was on my mind. Then I discovered its sister restaurant Glasshouse is actually located right by the Kew Garden tube station, and I noticed the menu format and price is in fact the same as La Trompette, so the visit to Kew Garden was perfect for me to try out the 1 starred Glasshouse.


Olives and bread
Liguine, morels, truffle
Roasted cod, potatoes, shrimps, asparagus

On the menu, I noticed it has a heavy Italian influence, with pasta and cold meat dishes featured heavily. For my starter, the Roman classic thinly sliced veal meat with tuna sauce was given a modern touch, the sauce and the crunchiness of the asparagus turned out to be a lovely combination to the veal, and the addition of parmesan cheese delivered such an inviting aroma. What impressed me the most was the mango and passion fruit dessert, it had a lovely balance of sweet and sour elements, yet very refreshing and light, it was the perfect ending for such an outstanding meal.

Pig cheek, fillet, fennel, beetroot

Mango, passionfruit and white chocolate

Chocolate and peanut butter pudding

I had a really enjoyable dinner at The Glasshouse, simple, relaxing with warm service, the perfect mix for a neighborhood restaurant. The food is not edgy but has a great appeal, and I appreciate the fact despite being a high-end restaurant, the portion is actually pretty big to the point I was struggling to have my petit four once I am done with my dessert. The Glasshouse is pretty much the same as La Trompette and Chez Bruce, outstanding modern European cooking in a relaxing setting. 


Food 4/5

What I paid: 

£90 per person with a glass of wine

Average cost without drinks and services:
£75


14 Station Parade, Richmond TW9 3PZ


https://www.glasshouserestaurant.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment