Sunday 29 March 2015

Flat Iron

Steak treat


flat iron

I usually shy away from ordering steak when I go out for dinner, mostly due to the fact that is something you can pull off quite easily at home as long as you can find yourself a nice cut of meat and don't mess up with the timing. But the temptation of £10 for a plate of steak sounded too good to give a miss and from what I have read from other blogs, the quality of the steak is not to be sneezed at and generally very positive, I was sold.


chips and aubergine

I tried both the £10 flat iron steak and the daily special, Wagyu beef from New Zealand at £18 sounded like a real bargain, I forgot to ask the waiter what grade it was but I could instantly taste the difference, it was really moist and smoky, cooked to medium rare and blessed with a luxurious rich meaty taste, the melt in your mouth sensation was not something I would expect from a piece of steak that cost less than £20, the house flat iron steak just doesn't compare. To finish the meal off we had the wonderful salted carmel sundae, the richness and bitterness of the chocolate plus the vanilla and woody note of the bourbon syrup went exceptionally well together.

wagyu
salted carmel sundae

I really enjoyed my evening at Flat Iron, a good steak, friendly service at an affordable price. At the end of the day, the steak was nowhere near the prime quality of Goodman but that is to be expected for the price you are paying. But I highly recommend this place if you are a steak lover and go for the daily special as you would be surprised how good it can be. Try to avoid going in at peak times on weekends as the wait can be anything up to an hour (it has a no booking policy).


Food 3/5

What I paid: 

£26 per head

Average cost without drinks and services:

£13


9 Denmark St, Soho, WC2H 8LS


http://flatironsteak.co.uk/


Flat Iron on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment