Monday 1 May 2023

Quality Chop House

Mangalitza party


Cod roe cream and sourdough bread

I have almost lost count of how many times I have been to Quality Chop House. For quality meat feast, this is my to-go place especially when I have a large group. I love the old-school British vibe of the building, and the cooking method of cooking meat on a hot iron pan with a load of butter over fire is so rare these days in London, and this gives Quality Chop House's meat offering an edge. It is one of the few restaurants in London that also serve mangalitiza pork, a pork breed that is just as good, if not better than Iberico pork.


 Crispy Mangalitiza pork cheek

 Mangalitiza pork terrine

Tomato salad


For my 8th visit, once again I went for the feasting menu, the Mangalitza terrine... not sure what they have done to it but it was terrine at the highest level. the use of mustard and pistachio gave a really balancing taste and removed the usual unpleasant earthy taste from terrine. The mangalitiza loin chop was cooked on the bone and blessed with so much rich meaty buttery taste, it was very tender as expected, and it was finely seasoned and I got to say you don't really get much better than that as far as pork level in the UK. The rhubarb and almond tart was also excellent, nice nutty and sour tone, along with a crunchy base and not oily at all. 

 Mangalitiza pork loin

Roasted potatoes

Almond and rhubarb tart


I had yet another wonderful feast at Quality Chop House, the food was just as good as my last visit. I found the feasting menu's quality is a touch better than its alc offering, maybe that is because the chef team knows well in advance what they need to do. The restaurant does rustic-style British meat cookery like no other, using high-level cuts of local meat and can rival any premium steak house in London. In fact, I would pick this place over either Hawksmoor or Goodman.


Food 4/5

What I paid:
£95 with wine

Average cost without drinks and services:
£65 (private room menu)

88-94 Farringdon Rd, Farringdon, London EC1R 3EA

https://thequalitychophouse.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment