Sunday 3 March 2024

The Grill at The Dorchester

Modern classic British fine dining


Beef wellington


The Grill at The Dorchester has long been a dining choice of mine since it appointed chef Tom Booton to be the executive chef of the venue. Since taking on the venue, Tom has turned this place into a British fine-dining powerhouse. I really enjoyed how he has taken classic British dishes with a modern makeover but maintained the true essence of British cuisine. It had just revamped its menu for 2024 so a perfect time for a revisit.


Fried mushrooms

Chopped cabbages and seaweed

Braised beef, mustard and truffle


My starter of Scottish diver scallops was really sweet and creamy, I found the pumpkin sauce element worked really well with the shellfish, no-fault really. Meat dishes have always been a strong point of Tom's menu and his team has delivered yet again with the duck and beef dish. The duck breast with hazelnut was moist and tender, I enjoyed the small hint of smoky and peppery undertone too. The show-stopping dish of the day was a beef Wellington, a fine pastry layered with mushrooms paste wrapped around a top-class beef fillet, the tenderness was second to none, and it was cooked to perfection, I couldn't think of a better beef Wellington dish elsewhere.

Scallop, pumpkin, shellfish sauce

Roasted duck and hazelnut

Seabream in sausages stew


I can't believe this is my 11th visit. I have to say this classy British restaurant is easily one of my top choices whenever I seek a remarkable fine British dining experience, the setting of The Dorchester Hotel, the creativity of Tom's food, plus a team of friendly, knowledgeable staff means The Grill has all the elements of a top class restaurant. I don't really care that it doesn't hold a Michelin star, The Grill is better than most of London's 1-star restaurants and is a winner in my book all day long.


Food 4/5



Average cost without drinks and services:

£80


53 Park Ln, Mayfair, London W1K 1QA

https://www.dorchestercollection.com

No comments:

Post a Comment