Sunday 23 February 2014

Bob's & Co

All about the lobster


I am a lobster freak, I just can't get enough of the delicate flavours from this underwater creature. When Burger and Lobster launched in London a while back, it totally changed the landscape of the lobster scene in London, back then it used to be a symbol of luxury but B&L had provided affordability and accessibility of which I've got nothing but praise for. When I discovered that there was a new pop up lobster joint located in St Pauls, I was very keen to check it out as it has been very popular when it had a pop up site in London Bridge. 

dining room


Sitting above the Rising Sun pub, Bob's & Co has a very American feel to it with its red and white decor. I didn't bother ordering anything on their menu, instead I asked for their secret items which were the lobster roll, lobster mac and beef burger, I opted for both the roll and mac while having a glass of mint julep using Maker's Mark Whiskey and it was well mixed by the friendly bartender.

bar

First I had the lobster mac and cheese, it was really quite something, as soon as it arrived on the table, all the beautiful aromas form the lobster just bursted into my face. It had good chucks of lobster meat, cooked at the perfect level. the stock for the lobster mac was sweet and savoury, simply seasoned and I just couldn't get enough of it. Lobster roll on the other hand wasn't as good as I was hoping for, the brioche itself was fine but I found the mayo was just a touch too much which covered the settled flavour from the lobster meat, also at £15 a roll, I expected it to be a little bigger as I finished the whole thing in less than 5 mouth full.

lobster mac and cheese
lobster roll

Overall it was an impressive find, Bob's & Co clearly know how to provide some quality lobster dishes and the lobster mac and cheese was to die for. I've ordered lobster mac at much more fancier places and at a much more expensive price but the one I had here was the best I've had yet. Service here was also lovely, it captured the spirit of America, very warm hearted and professional at the same time. Also unlike B&L, this place takes bookings no matter how small or big is your group, no excuse not to give this place a try if you love lobster and live in London.


Food 5.5
Service 7
Ambience 4
Value 6


£36 per head with a cocktail


The Rising Sun 61 Carter Lane, London EC4V 5DY


http://www.bobsandco.com/


Bob's & Co on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment