Wednesday 12 February 2014

L'Autre Pied

From strength to strength


This is my third time to visit the single Michelin star rated L'Autre Pied, I had become a big fan of head chef Andy Mc Fadden's cooking style, it is very elegant with some kind of crunchy touches, which offers lovely texture and interesting flavours that is somewhat unique in London. I headed back there for dinner to try their tasting menu knowing that I was in for a great feast....

parmesan brioche
canapes


I had the salad of radishes with black quinoa from my last visit but this time it was presented differently, very fresh and clean with the fennel and dill, the creme fraiche added a little body and creamy texture, it was as good as I remembered it. Flame grilled mackerel was clearly an inspiration from Japan, the apple tapioca and miso offered richness of fruity and savoury notes, celery and hazelnuts lifted up the dish with its crunchiness, with smoky notes in the mix, it was a multi layer flavoured sensation.
salad of radishes with black quinoa
Flame grilled mackerel

And the good just kept on coming, poached cod with ras el hanout was a well balanced dish of flavours, mild spices with some fruity and nutty overtones on top from the butternut squash and celeriac. The hare with black pudding, served pink with a mixture of herbs was heavenly, the meat was so tender and not overly earthy, the seasoning was at the perfect level while the beetroot added a little sweetness in the mix.

poached cod with ras el hanout
hare with black pudding
cardamon panna cotta with mandarin sobert,
chocolate streusel, clementine and coconut

Once again L'Autre Pied had absolutely nailed it, in fact I enjoyed the food more than from my last visit, Andy seemed like he is going from strength to strength, his cooking has improved a lot compared to my very first visit, the flavours and texture combination was outstanding, very refined with great presentation. staff here are also very easy going and friendly with great knowledge on the menu, I highly recommend it.

Food 4/5

Head chef: 
Andy Mcfadden

What I paid: 
£43 per head with a glass of wine

Average cost without drinks and services :
£27.50 lunch menu
£75 tasting menu


5-7 Blandford St, London, W1U 3DB


www.lautrepied.co.uk


L'Autre Pied on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment