Saturday 15 August 2020

Imperial Treasure Fine Chinese Cuisine London

Proper Cantonese fine dining



Peking duck

Imperial Treasure London is the first outpost of the international Imperial Treasure restaurant group in Europe. The group is renowned for its fine dining Cantonese cuisine, and its Peking duck is considered to be one of the finest in the world. I have eaten at Imperial Treasure London a few times already in the past and while they do charge a premium, they do offer proper traditional Cantonese cuisine. Many Chinese restaurants in the UK adapt their offering to make it less 'authentic' in order to make it more appealing to the locals, so I do respect Imperial Treasure sticking to its gun. On the back of Covid 19, I know I need to support the Chinese restaurant community and I picked Imperial Treasure to be my first post-Covild 19 Chinese restaurants as I do miss its legendary Peking duck.

Fry fish skin with salted egg yolk
Pan fry scallops with preserved olives
Poached chicken in spring onions

My dinner started off with fish skin that served with salted egg yolk, and it was the perfect snack, crispy and loaded with a rich umami taste thanks to the egg yolk and seaweed. The signature Peking duck was as good as I can remember, the duck meat was so tender, and the skin was marinated to perfection. The pancake was hand-rolled on-site and you can see the difference easily with a comforting chewy texture, stunning. The best dish on the night was the poached chicken in spring onion and ginger oil. It was so comforting and I got nothing but love for it. The French corn fed chicken was cooked perfectly, super moist and tender, I enjoy the addition of crispy shallots to the dish which make it extremely mouthwatering.  

Beef tenderloin with garlic
Custard charcoal bao
Golden Sesame Ball  & Osmanthus Jelly

Funny enough, I have eaten at Imperial Treasure a few times already, and this time was the cheapest but I enjoyed it most at the same time. maybe that is down to social distancing and the post-Covid 19 worlds, which means the restaurant was half empty so maybe it means the kitchen can offer better attention to detail at every single dish. Overall, it was very enjoyable and I would be more than happy to head back in the near future. I hope it can recover soon from the impact of Covid 19 as proper Cantonese cooking in fine dining quality is such a rarity in London.




Food 4/5

What I paid:
£75

Average cost without drinks and services:

£80

9 Waterloo Pl, St. James's, London SW1Y 4BE


http://www.imperialtreasure.com/uk/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment