Wednesday 11 November 2015

Jubo

New beginning


bulgogi sizzler

I have always been a big follower of Jubo, so I was really pleased they have found a permanent home in Exmouth Market when their pop up rental inside the Bedroom Bar in Shoredtich came to an end. Jubo is re known for its top notch Korean fried chicken (KFC) and Korean BBQ, I have been eating a lot of KFC for the last few years and I have yet to find a place that can match Jubo in terms of quality and price. The KFC was as good as ever, the crispiness of the batter was simply perfect, that rich soy and garlic flavours were done expertly which went so well with a bottle of ice cold beer. 


soju cocktails
KFC
Secreto pork

We also had a monster plate of bulgogi sizzler which, basically, is an upgrade of their ssam dish back in the Shoredtich days. Out of all those BBQ meat, I found the chicken bulgogi really stood out. It had a lovely sweet and savoury marinated dressing which tasted wonder when we wrapped it with lettuce with a few drops of ssamjang dressing. The final dish was the char-grilled pork secreto, the meat was still very moist with a real deep richness to it which was such a delight. My dinner at Jubo was a real meaty affair, it has remained the same good standard if I was to compare to the pop up site. They have also added some new dishes such as bar bits and rice dishes to give diner more choices just in case if you are seeking a lighter meal. For the "real" KFC lovers, trust me, Jubo is the real deal.

Food 3/5

What I paid: 

£37 per head with a cocktail

Average cost without drinks and services:

£18

50 Exmouth Market, London EC1R 4QE


http://jubolondon.com/


Jubo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment