Thursday 14 July 2022

The Ledbury

The daddy of London fine dining 


Pyrenean Milk Fed Lamb Caramelised Cream, Wild Garlic, and Morel


Since The Ledbury reopened in February, I was in super hyped mode and ended up booking a few times spreading across 6 months. Just in case it will be a mission to book a table as pre covid, it is one of the hardest to book restaurants in London. Since the reopening, I have eaten there 3 times already and I would say it will be super easy for the restaurant to retain 2 stars come 2023. One thing that makes The Ledbury stand apart is its service level and the length that chef-owner Brett would go to source the finest local ingredients, with its own farm nursing local Iberican pork and deers.


Sea bream with caviar tart

Hand Dived Scallop, Radish, Seaweed and Dashi

Chicken Wing Parsnip, Buckwheat and Black Truffle


For my 18th visit, I opted for the tasting menu as usual. The new signature mushroom dish was a bold-tasting dish with that earthy and umami flavours blended together in harmony, and the texture was also excellent. The Ledury's meat dish is always state of the art, and this time was no different with the lamb. The meat was very moist, and the xo sauce and wild garlic offered such a bold, rich meaty flavour, it was the lamb dish of the year for me easily. I am normally not much of a dessert man, but the mango mille-feuille was light and crisp, it was not overly sweet with that wonderful summery taste cleared up my palate, and it was very enjoyable. 

Grilled black cod White Asparagus, Trout Roe Hollandaise and Sorrel

Mushrooms from the Cabinet Potato, Yeast and Rosemary

Mango mille feuille


My 18th visit was as good as any others in the past. I have yet to encounter another London fine dining restaurant that can match its level (Kitchen Table and Claude Bosi come close). I really enjoy that casual manner of the dining room, while getting a taste of world-class food. I am already thinking about when to head back, and Autumn would be the perfect time as The Ledbury is also famous for its game dishes.


Food 5/5

Executive chef: 

Brett Graham


Average cost without drinks and services:

Tasting menu: £185


27 Ledbury Rd, London W11 2AQ


http://www.theledbury.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment